Sunday, September 13, 2009

PRIDE Class Foster Care/Adoption


Clint and I graduated from our PRIDE class this week! HOORAY!! Now all we need is a home study and we'll be licensed Foster Parents. Clint and I have been exploring all our adoption options. If we adopt through the state they want you to take the PRIDE classes and foster the child for 6 months before you adopt them, to make sure the child is a good fit for your family.

Clint and I started taking the class, mainly to adopt, but the classes really opened our eyes to what Foster Care is all about. We were so touched by the stories and the training that we have decided to do Foster Care, whether or not we'll be able to adopt the child after. We figure at some point we will Foster a child that we'll have the opportunity to adopt, but in the mean time we're taking it slow and excited to provide a home for a child/children in need.

As for the 2 children I mentioned in my previous post. The state is still trying to decide what would be best for the kids, and "exploring all their options." We'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

The Royal Family said...

awesome. My hubs grew up with foster kids in his house. So great and a faster option... and all works out how it's suppose to. I am excited for you guys