Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Great Yellowstone Adventure!

As I mentioned in my last post, Clint and I wanted to take a vacation. So, Clint finished fixing the car and we took off for Yellowstone.

First we forgot to pay for gas....it was an honest mistake, but the cops showed up at our house. Fortunately, our good friend and neighbor Spencer, showed up and bailed us out.....almost literally.



We were on the road towards Idaho Falls, when a wolf/dog (there is some debate as to what it was) jumped into the road. We swerved right, and it ran right. Unfortunately, we did hit him, but he got up and ran away. I like to think that he was okay, poor thing. But I guess there is no way to tell.

We stopped at a quaint little Chinese restaurant in Idaho Falls. The food was pretty good. But about 15 minutes down the road, Clint began to suffer from food poisoning. Fortunately, it wasn't too serious, and we were on our way after a few bathroom stops.


At this point, one may be thinking "this vacation is doomed, turn back now!" But not us, we continued to our first campsite. On the way there I had the pleasure of having a moth fly directly into my mouth....he didn't survive....it was very gross. Most people that know me are aware that I am terrified of moths. It's something about their powdery wings and the way they charge at your face. Anyway, this was not one of my fondest memories.




Once we set up our tent, the trip took a turn for the better. Aside from some rain, and it being a little cold, the next few days were the perfect vacation.



I had to add a clip of Old Faithful. Although, he was 10 minutes late from the park rangers prediction (not very faithful if you ask me : )). They claim that they are accurate 90% of the time, so I guess we were the lucky 10%. Because it was a little cooler, all of the geysers were sending up steam all over Yellowstone. It was very beautiful.


As we were leaving Yellowstone, Clint was a little sad he didn't get to see a bear. We were traveling through Teton National Park, when there was a road block of cars ahead. Clint got out to see what was there, and just his luck, he got to see his bear. He got some great pictures (he took the picture above).


Overall, I think it was a great vacation. Clint and I had never been camping together. It's definitely a lot more fun when you have a spouse to cuddle with. I look forward to many more camping trips in the years ahead.

8 comments:

The Royal Family said...

how fun! I have never been to yellowstone! :) NICE PICTURES!

Joe and Savanna said...

I'm glad the trip got better after the first stretch! Maybe next summer we could go camping together as it is something we really enjoy doing. We really need to get together soon. Maybe we could do something this weekend? I'll give you a call!

The Royal Family said...

Thanks! Yeah being a mommy is a lot of fun... She keeps me pretty darn busy. So how long have you guys been in IDAHO?

elshmobelsh said...

wow Heidi! Your blogging has taken off! I had no idea I was so behind. ;o) You take such great pictures! I'm glad you got to go on a fun camping trip and this is what is so great about blogging. You've been my sister for how many years? Are you turning 28 this month? Anyway, I had no idea you disliked moths so much. I learned something new about you today.

Unknown said...

Heidi, it's been so long! I am so gald to see you are doing well! How is your brother? So are you guys up in Idaho, I think I saw that on your blog. We love Yellowstone!

Unknown said...

Heidi, it's been so long! I am so gald to see you are doing well! How is your brother? So are you guys up in Idaho, I think I saw that on your blog. We love Yellowstone!

Anonymous said...

Running from the cops, hitting a dog/wolf, food poisioning, eating bugs...yep sounds like fun to me. LOL! You guys are the greatest and we love and value our friendships! Smile and no more moths :)

Niki McDowell said...

Hey I found your blog through Elsje's. I think I tried to get on before but it said it was blocked. I'm glad I can get on now and see whats up with you! I love the whole blogging thing and how we can keep in touch.

Niki